Hey people! I hope your Wednesday is going well. Mine has been pretty busy but not too crazy, just how I like it! Plus the weather is beautiful, I got a good workout in this morning, and I have some yummy dinner plans for tonight 🙂 All together I’d have to say my Wednesday is going smoothly!
And, as part of a regular Wednesday tradition around here, it’s time for this weeks What I Ate Wednesday Post (WIAW). Thanks to Jenn from Peas and Crayons for hosting the link up, as always. It’s so fun to participate and I’m glad I can be a part of such a big phenomenon.
Also, for the month of June Jenn wanted us to focus on how we snack healthily (which I have sucked at recently since when I’m busy I don’t snack) but this week I managed to capture at least a couple of my healthy snacks. Progress? Anyway, without further ado, here’s what I ate yesterday!
1. For breakfast I had a failed attempt at overnight oats, although it actually turned out delicious. I wanted to make overnight oats (which usually involves oats, milk, yogurt, and chia seeds mixed up and refrigerated overnight) but I didn’t have any chia seeds on hand. Knowing that chia seeds absorb liquid and were probably essential to overnight oats, I did some research online to see if it would work without them and I found a few people who made overnight oats with just oatmeal, yogurt, and milk. I gave it a try but when I checked on it this morning it was still watery mush. Womp womp. I quickly nuked the “overnight oat-mush” in the microwave until it was cooked just like regular oatmeal (only with the added benefit of yogurt) and threw a few raisins and some peanut butter in for flavor. The oats were really delicious but I was sad that they weren’t the cold refreshing summer breakfast I had planned. Oh well, I will just have to break down and buy chia seeds! Oh, and I had a banana on the side :-p
2. For lunch I headed to Sweet Green, the new salad place near my office, with a coworker. I had a buy-one-get-one-free coupon (and I still have another coupon for a free salad) so it was perfect for a quick , cheap lunch date with my friend. I chose the “June Salad Special” which was made of spinach, goat cheese, peaches, toasted almonds, and grilled chicken. I enjoyed it with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing and it was amazing!!!!
3. When I got home from work I was starving, so I munched on a few raw almonds to tide me over until dinner time. Raw almonds are my favorite and I could literally eat the whole bag in one sitting. Luckily I was careful of my portion size since I knew I’d be eating dinner soon.
4. For dinner I had some spinach ricotta raviolis that we brought back from New York and had in the freezer. They were so delicious! I had them along with some extra spinach, tomato sauce, and grilled chicken. Yum yum yum. Those Italian New Yorkers are geniuses.
5. For dessert I had two spoonfulls of Ben & Jerry’s Peanut Butter Banana Greek FRYO. O M G. This stuff is phenomenal. It’s a delicious banana-flavored Greek froyo with peanut butter swirled throughout. I was originally going to only have one spoonfull but somehow that morphed into two. Two, rather large, spoonfulls, I should add. Oh well, it was so worth it! Yum!!
And that’s all I had to eat yesterday! I had originally packed myself some strawberries to munch on at work, but I was too busy and forgot to eat them. Luckily they were still there this morning and I am devouring them right now. Strawberries are on sale and SO GOOD right now! Hooray!
So, what did you guys eat this week? Did you try anything new? The new-to-me Ben & Jerry’s was totally the highlight of my eats yesterday and I’m already looking forward to having more for dessert tonight. I’ve heard the other Greek FROYO flavors are good too but I haven’t tried them yet!