Hi friends! Welcome to another Wednesday! I hope you’re having a fantastic week! Mine is going pretty well so far and is actually moving along quite quickly, so with that, let’s jump into my favorite Wednesday tradition, What I Ate Wednesday!
I know I usually post my workout after we talk about food, but after thinking about it the other day I thought it would make more sense to talk about it first, since that’s the way it actually happened.
On Monday morning I headed out for a solo run into Georgetown.
Usually I run with Fabio, or at least with Jack if Fabio is feeling too tired. On Monday, however, Fabio opted to sleep in and since Jack is recovering from his tail injury, I forced him to stay at home 🙁 Poor guy. At least he’s almost back to normal now!
Anyway, running solo wasn’t as much fun as running with one (or both) of my boys, but it was still a lovely morning and I really enjoyed the views. I always love seeing the crew teams hard at work so early in the morning! I wound up covering three sweaty miles.
After a quick shower it was time for breakfast! I inhaled one of my favorite two ingredient pancakes and it totally hit the spot.
For those of you who have been asking, here’s a detailed account of how I make these:
- Set the stove to medium-low, and place a nonstick skillet on the burner.
- Mash up a very ripe banana (the riper, the tastier) inside its peel (to save time) and then unpeel it and add it to a bowl.
- Add 1 egg to the bowl, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a teeny tiny dash of salt.
- Mix everything together with a fork until it resembles a batter. The mixture will be lumpy.
- Spray the nonstick skillet with a little olive oil or nonstick spray.
- Add the mixture to the pan, and wait about 5 minutes before flipping. Don’t rush this part! There should be little bubbles all over and the “pancake” should hold its shape when you go to flip it.
- After flipping the pancake, wait another few minutes (I always get impatient at this part) and then remove the pancake to a plate.
- Slather with nut butter or your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
Fabio is totally freaked out by the concept of this pancake (“it’s like a pancake omelet?!”) but even he agrees they are tasty! 😉
I’m still going strong on my salad kick! On Monday I had a spinach/”power greens” mix along with chicken, feta, carrots, strawberries, and avocado. Yum!!
I just love strawberries & avocado in my salads!
Instead of my usual apple, I “splurged” a bit on my snack with a homemade lemon biscotti that CC sent home with us after last weekend.
These babies are so delicious (especially dunked in coffee!!!) and I didn’t mind indulging one bit. So. Good.
Dinner was a quick throw-together stir fry of brown rice, chicken, broccoli, carrots, and red onion.
I used a premade stir fry sauce, which probably has a ton of nasty ingredients in it but it tasted quite delicious and saved me a lot of time. Sometimes convenience trumps principles.
This was of course enjoyed while watching the season finale of the Bachelorette! I won’t give away any spoilers in case some of you are planning to watch it, but I am so happy with how it ended! I do have to say that the “After the Rose” was even more interesting than the actual episode; I can’t believe some of the things that were said!! And yes, I also can’t believe I watched such crappy TV for three hours but alas, ABC has totally suckered me in.
Question of the day: What crappy TV shows do you watch?