Hey guys! Happy hump day!! Work is still really crazy (I am getting to the point where I have anxiety dreams about my projects not getting done and Fabio says I was talking in my sleep the other night about work. Woops. Guess I’m a little stressed?) but luckily after this week is over things should get back to normal. Hallelujah!
Could it really be possible that I have not written a What I Ate Wednesday post since October 24?! How crazy is that?? I usually write them every week but with Halloween being on a Wednesday and then my busy schedule last week I have fallen so behind. Gah!! Forgive me? I hope so!
Anyway, since I have obviously been slacking, it’s time to step up my game over here and get a WIAW post up. Sheesh.
Thanks go to Jenn as always for hosting such a fun blogger linkup. I love being a part of something so wide-spread in the healthy blogging community!
1. For breakfast I have gone back to an old favorite- cereal! I haven’t had plain cereal in a while ( <– wow that is a while!) and especially haven’t had Raisin Bran, which is what I’ve been eating all this week. I’m not sure why but Raisin Bran is one of my favorite cereals and I could eat it forever. I’ve even been known to have just a bowl of Raisin Bran for dinner on occasion when I come home late and am stressed from work. It’s just so good!
2. (Sorry this picture is all the way at the bottom haha) When I got to work yesterday my office had a table set up with free coffee and snacks. Since I already had eaten breakfast, I bypassed the bagels and muffins and made a beeline for the free coffee and pens! Haha I walked away with a small notepad, two pens, and small cup o’ joe. Win! Btw- this was just regular coffee with two creamers and splenda. Not the most flavorful coffee ever, but it did the job.
3. For lunch I had something delicious- leftover pizza from the weekend!! This pizza is from Ledo’s (my favorite!) and it tasted awesome reheated. I had four small slices of chicken and tomato pizza and it was awesomeeeee. Love. Ledo’s. I also brought an apple with me in case I was still hungry, but I was pretty full from the pizza so I’m storing it in the fridge at work for when a snack attack hits later on in the week. Which is pretty much inevitable…only a matter of time!
4. Dinner last night was pretty simple (read: I got home from work late and was tired). I simply grilled up a chicken breast and roasted some veggies. On one baking sheet I roasted 1/2 an onion, 1 small potato, and some butternut squash (yum!). The other baking sheet had broccoli with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. So simple. So delicious. I also made a little dip pile of BBQ sauce for my chicken. It tasted great! I love dinners like these.
5. For dessert I had a piece of leftover Halloween candy in the form of my favorite- Reese’s. I am actually thinking I need to share this candy with my coworkers to get.it.out.of.my.kitchen! I’ve been doing a good job of limiting myself to one piece a day (for dessert only) but I’ve barely made a dent in the bag and I feel like it could be around for months haha. I think it’s time for it to go!
Anyway, those are my eats from yesterday, along with quite a few large glasses of water of course (no need to photograph those). All in all I’d say it was an okay day. Not the most nutritious by any means, but it could have been worse, especially if I had treated myself to the free breakfast at work (hello everything bagel with veggie cream cheese, please say hello to my mouth). Luckily I resisted that temptation. Phew!
Also, I wanted to give you guys a quick workout update since it’s been a while since I have discussed it. I mentioned last week that I was too busy to get any real workouts in, but luckily this week’s load has been a little lighter and I was able to squeeze in a workout on Monday (but not yesterday, wah). I’m hoping to get one in this afternoon as well. Want to know what I have in mind?
Again. Yes, I’m going back to my favorite workout videos after taking a long hiatus to try new things. Though I am still planning to incorporate some of my favorites into my routine (hello Body Pump and Spinning, I’m looking at you) and change it up from day to day with my weekly workout calendar, I still feel that Insanity DVDs provide me with the best workout I could possibly get in 45 minutes. I am always dripping in sweat afterwords and my muscles are always sore. It’s just such a good feeling after I complete one of the DVDs and I have been missing that lately.
I even tried to get the same fix by doing a shortened 20-minute Insanity DVD or just completing the Insanity warm-ups, but it’s not the same. I need the full 45 minutes to truly feel the burn.
(To read more about why I do Insanity, see this old post.)
So that’s what’s been going on in my world!
Question of the day: How do you get active when you’re stressed?
This is slightly embarrassing because I look like a crazy person, but sometimes I take a few laps around my office (e.g., pretend to be dropping off a paper at someone’s desk but really I’m just walking around) when I’m feeling antsy or stressed. It helps take my mind off of whatever was stressing me out and gets a little blood pumping in my muscles! Better than nothing, right?