Hello, hello! Happy hump day! Does anyone have any really fun weekend plans that they are just so excited about that they cannot wait for the weekend? Yeah? Me too!
It’s homecoming this weekend for the University of Maryland (go Terps!) and I’m really looking forward to spending some quality time with my friends.
It will probably look a little something like this.
Or maybe this?
Although a lot of my besties live in NYC and will not be coming down (boo!!) it should still be really great time! My friend Lauren is having a pre-tailgate brunch at her place and I am planning to bring along a few breakfast goodies to go along with the mimosas (and vodka- oops!).
Right now I am thinking of bringing pumpkin cream cheese muffins and if they turn out well I will definitely share the recipe!! Do you guys have any other thoughts on breakfast treats I should bring? I was thinking maybe something with eggs to balance out the sweet muffins. Maybe a frittata? Please share your thoughts below!
Anyway, although I cannot wait for homecoming, it’s not until Saturday and today is only Wednesday. You know what that means though, it’s time for What I Ate Wednesday!!
Of course I have to thank Jenn from Peas and Crayons for hosting this little shindig every week. She’s the best!
1. For breakfast I had one egg + 1 egg white on half an English muffin. Fabio made this breakfast for me and I believe he sprinkled a little cheddar cheese on top of my egg. That little sneak! Not that I’m complaining; it was delicious! I also had a piece of turkey bacon. Yum!! I love when Fabs makes breakfast 🙂
2. For lunch I had homemade tomato soup (recipe coming soon!!) with a small piece of a whole grain baguette. This soup is delicious! Plus it’s easy and pretty good for you so I know you guys are gonna love it!
3. Although my soup was great for lunch, my stomach started rumbling around 4:00 (literally, I was in a meeting and it was grumble city!! #embarrassing) so I ate an apple 🙂 I had been keeping it in the fridge at work for just such an occasion and I was so happy to have it! It was a great afternoon snack.
4. For dinner I had a small chicken breast roasted in tomato sauce, roasted root vegetables (potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots- SO GOOD! They always say, what grows together goes together!), and sauteed spinach. Want to know a secret about my chicken breast? I didn’t actually cook it in tomato sauce….I used some leftover tomato soup! It worked great and had a ton of flavor. The soup thickened up a bit as my chicken cooked and I used it as more of a sauce. It was great!
5. Oh yes, I caved in last night and enjoyed one of the banana chocolate chip cookies I made on Sunday. These babies are so good and I forced Fabio to take a whole tupperware container with him to work to get.them.away.from.me. I have a problem and I cannot stop eating these!! Haha. I also had a small glass of skim milk with my cookie 🙂
So there it is, what I ate yesterday! All things considered it wasn’t too bad of a day food-wise. I got a decent amount of fruits and veggies in, but of course there’s always room for improvement (and maybe baking a whole batch of cookies for no reason should not become a weekly habit, as it has been lately?!?). Lol.
So tell me, what have you guys been eating lately??