Hi friends! Today I’m linking up with the lovely Amanda for another episode of Thursdays are for Thinking Out Loud. These are quickly becoming some of my favorite posts to write, and I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do!
1. Now that we are halfway through July, I feel like we are right in the middle of summer. How is it going by so fast? My schedule is also ridiculously full, and I think there is only one weekend where I don’t have plans between now and September. That’s just ridiculous. Even my weekdays are starting to fill up with plans! I just know I’m going to blink and it will be the season for all things pumpkin, so I’m trying to soak up every moment before the summer is gone.
2. Speaking of summer plans, I have some fun vacation plans on the horizon, which I’m getting pretty excited about.
First, I’ll be heading up to NYC again this weekend – which makes three trips to NY in 5 weeks – to visit one of my high school best friends, Hana. Even though I’m in New York allthetime, I hardly ever get to see Hana since I’m usually visiting Fabio’s family or my college friends. I’m really excited to see her apartment and check out her local hangout spots. It should be a good time!
Then in two weeks I will be heading up to the Berkshire mountains in southwestern Massachusetts to stay at my aunt CC’s and Uncle Steve’s new mountain house! They bought the house earlier this spring and it sounds amazing- it’s near a lake and a ski resort, making it perfect for both summer and winter.
CC and Steve are a lot like Fabio and me in terms of the activities they like, so I imagine there will be a fun combination of biking, hiking, playing outside, and enjoying our fair share of cocktails ;). It’s going to be so much fun!
Then a couple weeks after that, I will be visiting some awesome state parks in Utah and Wyoming with Fabio, my dad, stepmom, and sister for a family vacation! We will be flying out to Salt Lake City and will visit a few parks in that area, and then will drive to Jackson Hole and visit Yellowstone National Park. I’ve never been to this area of the country before so I’m really excited! We really don’t have big mountains near me (hence our need to drive to Massachusetts) so I can’t even imagine how beautiful it’s going to be. I’m excited for the wildlife too!
If you have been to any of these places and have recommendations for things to do/places that are a MUST see, I’d love to hear them!
My mom also just booked a Christmas-time trip to Jamaica for our family (woohoo!), and she is even talking about another trip to Italy over Labor Day (oh yeah, and she’s flying to Italy later today for a quick trip. I’m telling you- she’s obsessed). Anyway, that Italy trip is a big maybe right now and it might not even happen since it’s so last minute and I’m not sure if I can get off work, so we will just have to wait and see what happens! (Psst– you can check out reviews of our previous trips to Jamaica and Italy here).
So many trips, so little time.
3. So I have some work news for you guys- I got a promotion! When I started my new job back in mid-March, the deal was that I would work for three months, see how things were going, and then be eligible for a review/promotion. My three months were up in mid-June, and I had my review last week. My manager had the nicest things to say about me, and after talking things over with HR, they decided to promote me to Communications Manager! Woohoo! I got a nice little salary bump and a cool new title (manager? Me?) so I’m pretty happy about all of that 🙂
4. I ordered my bridesmaids dress for Fabio’s sister’s wedding this week, and I just got an email saying it shipped! For those of you who need a refresher, Fabio’s sister Diane is getting married in Jamaica next May (more trips to Jamaica!!), and she’s asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding :-D. From what I know, every bridesmaid will be wearing a slightly different dress in a different shade of pink. Here’s the one she chose for me:
I think it’s absolutely beautiful and I can’t wait to try it on. Too bad I have to wait 10 months to wear it!
This also makes me super, SUPER excited for Megan to start her wedding planning. I still can’t believe one of my best friends is getting married. EEK!
5. Speaking of friends, one of my best entrepreneur friends Dom is starting up a new business in August and he’s asked me to tell you all about it! For my local friends: the company is called absorbDC and it’s apparently changing the way people do happy hour in DC, Maryland, and Virginia (because let’s be real, happy hour is a BIG deal in our city). Basically it’s a new mobile site that allows users to sign up to receive notifications of the best happy hour specials in the area, guaranteed. Each day a local bar will partner with absorbDC to offer amazing deals to users. All you have to do is open the app and find out where to go that day! Users will also be able to collect points and out-happy-hour one another, which I think could be really fun.
Stay tuned to see when absorbDC will be coming to a bar near you, and check out the website or follow them on social media for the latest updates and to have a chance to win some absorbDC merchandise:
Alright friends, that’s all I have for you today! Enjoy your Thursdays!
Question of the day: Does your family have a go-to vacation spot?
P.S. You may have noticed I updated my blog photo- since the old one was from 2012 I figured it was time for an update 😉