Hello, everyone! Are you all dying in this heat wave? I wouldn’t know because I’m huddled in a
dungeon cube all day, but I have heard that it’s brutally hot outside. My iPhone says it’s 93 degrees but feels like 97. There’s even a heat advisory for the DC area. Tomorrow is supposed to be even worse, around 101 degrees! Bleh! This weather is too hot already!
Anyway, since it’s Wednesday, let’s jump right into my What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) post. Thanks to Jenn from Peas and Crayons for hosting the link up, like always!
1. For breakfast, I had a veggie scramble which included one egg + one egg white + onions + tomatoes + spinach. Yum, yum, yum. I also had half of an English muffin and a small glass of Naked’s Green Machine Juice (which is made of fruits like apples, bananas, kiwis, and strawberries, but also features good-for-you nutrients like broccoli, spinach, wheat grass, and Barley grass). What a fantastic and tasty breakfast!
2. For lunch this week, I have been trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies based on my goals from last week. Therefore, I had the usual sandwich thin with turkey, low fat American cheese, and mustard; but instead of my usual almonds, pretzel twists, and yogurt-covered pretzels as sides, I opted for pretzel twists, kale chips, and prunes. It was a good switch and added some extra nutrients to my diet. Quite delicious.
3. I didn’t finish all my kale chips during lunch (for some reason I get satisfied after only eating a few kale chips- which is awesome) so I munched on the rest of them as a snack a while later. They are so tasty and remind me a bit of Doritos.
4. A few hours later I devoured some sweet watermelon that was left over from last weekend’s BBQ in NY. Watermelon is definitely one of my favorite summer snacks
5. For dinner I had another orzo summer salad only this time it was made with tomatoes, basil, spinach, onions, garlic, Brussels sprouts, and flavorful broccoli chicken sausage. The salad had a tasty balsamic dressing and I will definitely post the recipe soon!
And that’s it! That is everything I ate yesterday. Upon reflection I got a good amount of fruits and veggies in, but there was still a good amount of processed foods and I ultimately would like everything to be fresh. It does seem like I’m making progress though!
One thing that should help me with my goals is this living social deal that I purchased yesterday:
Anyway, enjoy your Wednesday and feel free to share some of your food highlights from the week in the comments below! See ya later alligator
…after a while crocodile. Ok sorry, I’m done now.