|Healthified French Toast || ||
Recipe type: Breakfast
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
This french toast doesn't use any butter or oil but still has that delicious decadent taste!
- 4 slices whole wheat bread (preferably low calorie and high fiber)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. splenda or zero calorie sweetener (I used NuNaturals stevia)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Toppings (chia seeds, light syrup, whipped cream, strawberries, cinnamon cream cheese, etc.)
- Set a large non-stick skillet to medium-high heat.
- In a pie pan, whisk milk, eggs, sweetener, cinnamon, and vanilla (it's easiest to whisk the eggs in a separate bowl first).
- Dip the bread into the mixture, allowing it to soak for about 2 minutes per side.
- Place the bread onto the hot pan, and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until the bread is lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the pan and add desired toppings.
Recipe by Chelsea Eats Treats at http://chelseaeatstreats.com/healthified-french-toast/