Baked Pumpkin Donuts
Author: Chelsea Eats Treats
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon of liquid egg whites
- 1 (15 oz) can pureed pumpkin
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon liquid stevia (or ½ cup maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup buttermilk (or make a buttermilk substitute: add 1-1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar to ½ cup fat free milk, let sit for 10 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and coat donut pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs; then add pumpkin, brown sugar, liquid stevia, vanilla, olive oil and buttermilk; whisk just until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into flour mixture and whisk just until smooth.
- Fill donut cups ⅔ full with batter and rap the filled donut pan on the counter top a few times to remove any air bubbles and level out the batter.
- Bake 7-9 minutes.
- Leave in pan for 5 minutes before removing and transferring to cooling rack.
Recipe by Chelsea Eats Treats at http://chelseaeatstreats.com/baked-pumpkin-donuts/