Quinoa Veggie Burgers
Author: Chelsea Eats Treats
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 cup baby carrots
- ½ red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 can beans, rinsed and drained (black would be best but I used cannellini)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- A couple tablespoons of flour (depending on your mixture)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside.
- Combine first ten ingredients (through pepper) in a large food processor.
- Process until you get a smooth, almost hummus-like mixture.
- Remove to a separate bowl and fold in quinoa. Add flour if mixture seems too wet.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Mold into "burger" shapes (can use a peanut butter lid) and place onto a hot nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, flipping carefully.
- When tops are brown and the burgers feel firm, remove from skillet.
- Serve on a whole wheat bun topped with salsa and melted mozzarella cheese.
Recipe by Chelsea Eats Treats at http://chelseaeatstreats.com/quinoa-veggie-burgers/