Quinoa with Chicken, Mango, and Sweet Potatoes
Author: Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats
Recipe type: Entree
- ¼ cup quinoa
- ½ cup water for quinoa
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 3 tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. siracha sauce
- pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste
- ½ tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. water, for dissolving
- ½ cup sweet potatoes, chopped and cooked
- ½ mangoes (fresh or dethawed) chopped
- Rinse quinoa under running water. Cook according to package directions. When quinoa is almost done cooking, add spinach and allow to steam for about 3 minutes.
- Add water, soy sauce, garlic, honey, hot sauce, and red pepper flakes to a sauce pan. Whisk to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and let reduce for about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve corn starch in water and slowly add to sauce, stirring constantly. If the sauce doesn't become thick, repeat.
- Add in chopped chicken, sweet potatoes, and mangoes. Cook for about five more minutes, until everything is warmed through.
- Remove quinoa and spinach to a bowl, top with a spoonful of chicken mixture.
Recipe by Chelsea Eats Treats at http://chelseaeatstreats.com/quinoa-with-chicken-mango-and-sweet-potatoes/