|Cauliflower "Fried Rice" || ||
Recipe type: Side dish
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
This "fried rice" tastes just like the real thing but is made with cauliflower instead of rice!
- 2 slices of turkey bacon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups mixed veggies (can be frozen)
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 tsp. of your favorite Asian stir-fry flavoring
- Cook turkey bacon slices in a large skillet until crsipy. Remove from heat, chop into bite-size pieces, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg with salt and pepper. Cook in the same pan you used for the bacon, just until the egg is cooked. Remove from heat, chop into bite-size pieces, and set aside.
- Add diced onion to the same pan and cook until it becomes tender.
- Add in mixed veggies and cook until almost tender (about 3 minutes)
- Season veggies with salt, pepper, and ginger.
- In a food processor or using a Slap Chop, pulse cauliflower until florets are reduced to tiny pieces.
- Add cauliflower to pan with veggies, mix, and allow to cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Season with more salt and pepper, and add Asian flavoring.
- Add in eggs and turkey bacon and mix to combine.
Recipe by Chelsea Eats Treats at http://chelseaeatstreats.com/cauliflower-fried-rice/