Hellooooooo there! And happy Friday! 🙂 This week was another doozy for me – lots of stress at work – and I’m SO ready for the weekend. Woohoo!
I have a few random things from the week to share with you guys today, but I’m going to attempt to keep things short because I’m a bit distracted by a new doggy friend who’s currently running in circles around our couch with Jack. (It’s Thursday night as I type this.)
Fabio and I are watching my coworker Carly’s sweet chocolate lab, Rooney, for a couple of days, and these two are playing nonstop!
Both dogs are going to sleep well tonight, that’s for sure.
With that, here’s a few other updates from the week!
1. I had some really great workouts this week! On Tuesday, I joined my friends Anne and Kathleen for a class at Urban Athletic Club. UAC has a new program on Tuesdays and Thursdays where the first half of the class is dedicated to skill work, and the second half is the actual workout. To be honest, I don’t usually love this format – I feel like there’s a lot of time wasted standing around/taking breaks from the skill – but it was good to mix it up this time.
Our skill for the day was handstands and L-sits, which we did for about 10 minutes.
Then we got into our workout of the day, which was a really good one! I was sore the next day, which doesn’t always happen since I take these classes so often. Woo!
I also took a class at Orange Theory Fitness this week! You may remember I took a class there back in February and loved it, and then when my friend Courtney expressed interest in taking a class there a couple of weeks ago, I decided to drop in with her. Like last time, I absolutely loved the workout and felt really challenged, so I decided to go ahead and buy a package of classes. Yep, call me a sucker.
My package includes 14 classes that I have a whole year to use up, and because I enjoyed the workout so much, I feel like I’m going to go through them in no time. I know it’s a lot of money to spend on fitness on top of my monthly ClassPass payments, but it’s something that makes me happy and is good for me so I decided it was worth it.
Also, just as a side note, the staff at the Clarendon location of OTF have been absolutely phenomenal. They’re so encouraging and friendly, and their classes are so hard! Eventually I’ll probably give the Ballston location a try since I can walk to it, but I feel a sense of loyalty to the Clarendon one since they’re the ones who first invited me in! 🙂
Aside from OTF, I’m also signed up for a “blast” bootcamp class at BodyMass Gym tomorrow with Anne, and I’m excited for that too! Those workouts are always killer. Lots of good stuff happening on the fitness front this week, that’s for sure!
2. I have some new(ish) Nikes that I’ve been wearing for workouts, and I love them!
They’re these Nikes and didn’t cost too much and have been really great for all my different bootcamps. I bought them a few months ago and wanted to really break them in before blogging about them, and now I can report that they’re awesome! I think they look sporty and fun, and I like that there’s a velcro strap to help keep my laces from coming untied. I haven’t been running too much in them, but I think they’d probably be just fine for that as well. If you’re in the market for some new sneakers, definitely check these out!
3. We have some destructive bunnies/squirrels in our neighborhood. Remember last week when I said my mom gave us two pumpkins from the garden? Well, I cooked one and made soup, and I put the other one out on the front stoop for some fall festiveness. And then this happened. Womp womp.
My mom said I could cut off the chewed up part and still cook the other half, but I might just toss this one. What do you guys think?
4. We had homemade pizza one night this week, and it felt like such a treat!
When meal planning this week, I found some homemade dough in the freezer from the last time I made pizza, so I took it out to defrost and then we enjoyed the quick and easy pizza on Tuesday night. It was delicious!
5. You guys might kill me for telling you about this – but have any of you tried Trunk Club? It’s the exact same premise as Stitch Fix — i.e., you fill out a style profile and get a delivery of clothes sent to your house, which you can then choose to keep or send back — only I absolutely LOVED everything in my trunk and wound up wanting to keep the entire thing. FYI – I think Trunk Club has been around a while for men, but only recently started offering the service for women.
I also felt like working with the Trunk Club stylist made my box feel more personalized to the types of clothes I want, and I got to review everything and swap items out before the trunk was sent. This was really helpful since I already had a few similar pieces to what my stylist was planning to include, so I traded those two things out for something different.
It’s hard for me to explain exactly why I liked this service so much more than Stitch Fix, but I will just say I felt like every piece in my box was a perfect fit for me. Like, literal fit and also style fit. Ha! I guess I was just really excited about everything in my box and didn’t feel like anything was a dud, which seems to happen to me a lot with SF. I wound up sending two things back (which was also super easy) but really only because I couldn’t justify paying for everything. It was such a great experience, and I will definitely be ordering more of these!
Alright friends, that’s all I have for you today! I will leave you with this picture of Jack snuggling on the couch. 🙂
Have a good weekend!
Question of the day: Have you ever tried Trunk Club? How about OTF?