Hi friends! How’s everyone doing today? I don’t have anything specific to chat about and instead have a bunch of random topics floating around in my head, so I thought I’d share them with you today Thinking Out Loud style. Thank you Amanda for hosting the linkup!
Ready? Let’s jump right in.
1. Alright it’s official – I am over this snow. Walking into work has been quite the challenge since not all of the sidewalks are clear and the plows have pushed giant snow mounds in front of cross walks, making crossing the street a pain in the butt. Luckily the metro is back open so I’m able to get into work ok, but my car is still pretty inaccessible. Although most of the snow on top of my car has melted, it’s still blocked in by a lot of snow left over from the plows. Sigh. Is it Spring yet?
2. One good thing about being stuck inside is that it’s meant lots of time cuddling with my boys, and lots of movies! Fabio and I don’t usually have a ton of time to watch movies, but we wound up watching two of them in the last few days. First we watched The Water Diviner – as I mentioned on Tuesday – and then on Tuesday night we watched Mad Max: Fury Road. Ok, maybe this is pretty dumb of me, but I didn’t know Mad Max was part of a sequel and also totally not my kind of movie. A lot of Fabio’s friends really liked the movie, so we both had high hopes. However, within five minutes of watching I was rolling my eyes and hating the concept. Ugh. Luckily it was pretty action-packed so it held my interest, but I would definitely not recommend it. Anyone else see it?
3. I’m loving this season of the Bachelor! This show is 100% my guilty pleasure and I am a-ok with that. So far my favorites are Amanda, Becca (I’ve always liked her!), Caila, and Lauren B. I also think Jubilee is really interesting and could see her going far. Olivia is absolutely crazy and drives me insane. She has to leave after next week, right?!
4. Fabio and I are thinking about buying a place! This is actually something that’s been in the works for a while – we started talking to a loan officer back in the fall – but then once we got engaged we figured we should really get going on it so we know how much we can budget for the wedding and the condo/whatever-it-winds-up-being. The plan is to buy a place in DC when our current lease is up in June, and then have the wedding next Spring/Summer. We started looking at places a couple of weeks ago, and are starting to hone in our search. It’s a fun process, but a bit stressful too! I would love to hear any tips from those of you who are home owners!
5. Since we have so much going on (house/condo buying, wedding planning) I started looking for a part-time job to bring in some extra cash. Yesterday I applied to be a dog walker (can’t you just see me walking all the dogs?) and I’m also applying for a part-time copywriting/editing job since that’s always something I’ve enjoyed. I’ve also thought about babysitting, although my hours aren’t as flexible and I haven’t had much experience with kids since I was in high school. We shall see!
6. This weekend we are visiting a TON of wedding venues, and will hopefully be able to make a decision on one! Originally the plan was to see half the places last weekend and then the other half this weekend, but with the snow storm last weekend they all got postponed to this weekend. It’s going to be a busy weekend of wedding planning, and I hope we aren’t super sick of wedding talk by the end! (Hard to imagine how that could happen…it’s so exciting right now!)
7. Is it Friday yet? I’m ready for the weekend.
Alright friends, that’s all I have for today! I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!
Questions of the day: Do you have a part-time job? Do you have any tips on buying a home? Are you watching this season’s The Bachelor?