Hello there, friends! You may have noticed this is a super late post today. However, the reason has nothing to do with staying late at work (for once). In fact, since I went in to work over the weekend for a few hours, I got to take a “half day” today. Woohoo! I was technically allowed to leave work at 12:30 (which would have been amazing) but I was too busy to realistically leave that early. I was able to sneak out around 2:30 though, which wasn’t bad at all!
After I got out of work I ran some errands, including getting a much-needed haircut and stopping by the mall for a few fun things to take with me to NYC this weekend and Rome next week. It was a very productive afternoon!
But anyway, it’s Wednesday and you know what that means…it’s time for What I Ate Wednesday! Yay! Thanks, as always, go to Jenn for hosting the link up.
Here’s what I ate yesterday!
1. For breakfast, I enjoyed an egg scramble made with 1 egg, 1 egg white, tomatoes, onions, and spinach. On the side I had half an English muffin topped with apple butter and a small plum, both of which I picked up from the produce stand I stopped at on the way home from my grandparents’ house last weekend. I also had a small glass of orange juice (pulp free for me please!). This breakfast was sooo good. So many yummy things!
2. For lunch I enjoyed a turkey sandwich on a sandwich thin with mustard and American cheese. I also ate a few carrots and a small container of hummus. These hummus travel packs are so convenient, and I am almost out of them already. Gah! I must buy more asap.
3. For a snack a little later on, I had a big fresh peach. Oh yeah, the kind that oozes juice all down your arm. It was incredible! I absolutely love fresh peaches and I was so happy to see plump, fuzzy peaches at that produce stand last weekend. I bought a ton of them!
4. Later on in the day my sweet tooth got the better of me and I snacked on one of my zucchini cookies with cream cheese icing. They are just soooooo tasty! I can’t stay away! At least they are sorta healthy, and sorta small. Right? I also just realized that the zucchini I used in this recipe also came from the produce stand. I’m sensing a theme here?
5. Dinner was a new experiment. I used some of the fig preserves my grandma gave me (you guessed it- also from last weekend) in a delicious chicken and fig panini (care to see the recipe, or at least how it was assembled? Maybe tomorrow?). On the side I had some roasted potatoes and spinach.
So clearly I’ve been easting a ton of the fresh produce I picked up on the way back from my grandparents’ house last weekend. I guess that’s a good thing though, since it is all fresh and locally grown. Gotta love that!
All in all I think my eats yesterday were ok (I got a good amount of fruits and veggies in there) but I probably consumed a bit too many calories with my dinner. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. Can’t be perfect with everything!
Anyway, tell me what fresh produce you guys have been eating lately. I currently have two melons on my counter waiting to be cut, and a TON of tomatoes. Any ideas??