Hey guys! Welcome to another addition of What I Ate Wednesday! Today’s post features all of the food I ate during the day yesterday. Like every WIAW, I really enjoy being able to see what I ate throughout the whole day right in one place. Sometimes I engage in mindless snacking (don’t we all) and these WIAW posts help me keep that in track. So, without further ado, here is today’s WIAW post!
1. For breakfast I had one egg + one egg white scrambled with spinach and onions, topped with sliced avocado and salsa on a whole wheat English muffin. This breakfast was sooooo good and included more veggies that I usually squeeze in before 7 am. Not a bad start to the day!
2. For lunch I had a leftover slice of my BBQ Goat Cheese Pizza with Caramelized Onions. The pizza reheated very well and tasted just as great on day two.
3. For a snack at work I had a small handful of raw almonds, three pretzel twists, and three yogurt-covered pretzels from Trader Joe’s. If you haven’t had these yogurt-covered pretzels you MUST try them. They are life changing.
4. Later in the day I had a banana for a snack. This did a good job of holding me over until dinner.
5. For dinner I had fish tacos with Mexican veggie quinoa (recipe to come!).
Overall I feel like this was a pretty healthy day. I totally could have packed more veggies into my meals, which I am trying to work on. I definitely made progress this week by adding spinach and avocado to my breakfast and including steamed broccoli in my quinoa. It’s all about baby steps, people!
So, let me hear from you guys. What are some ways you like to sneak extra veggies into your meals? My mom just gave me a blender this weekend, so I’m hoping I can make some smoothies to get some extra green in my diet. Banana, strawberry, kale smoothie? I’ll test it out!