Hi friends! Just checking in with an update on my day yesterday. Here we go!
1. Waking up at 5:05 am is the WORST, but as soon as I get to my 6:00 am class and start working out I feel so much better. Yesterday I took a spin class at FlyWheel, and I loved it so much. The music was excellent and I definitely worked up a good sweat and felt the burn in my quads and hamstrings. I also really like the arm sequence at FlyWheel; it’s challenging enough and not annoying (I hate when instructors make us do bike push ups!).
Related: Why does everyone arrive to spin classes so early?? Yesterday I got to class 15 minutes early because I was worried there wouldn’t be any parking (luckily there was plenty), and when I arrived there were already about 10 people there. Why on earth do people get to a 6:00 am class before 5:45?? I get that it can take time to set up your bike, but sheesh! Don’t these people like sleep?
2. When my class ended at 6:45 am, it was still pretty dark out. Wahh!!
I am sooo not ready for the darkness that comes with fall and winter.
3. While I usually feel a huge burst of energy after an early class, I sometimes fall into a slump around 10:00 am. Thank goodness my coworker Kelly (hi, Kelly!) makes some delicious coffee. I’m not usually a coffee drinker, but every now and then a warm cup is exactly what I need.
4. I packed myself a delicious salad yesterday made with mixed greens, chicken, quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, feta cheese, slivered almonds, and Craisins. I didn’t get around to making a batch of homemade salad dressing this week, so I tossed this salad with a sad bottle of old dressing in the fridge at work. Ew. I am now in the market for a bottle of salad dressing I can keep at work for emergency situations, preferably something without any funky ingredients. In the past I’ve really liked Bolthouse Farms and Simply Dressed salad dressings, but I am open to suggestions!
Other than the dressing fail, this salad was de-licious.
5. Work was really hard yesterday, so Fabio poured me a beer when I got home. In Belgium we drank beer out of really nice, wide beer glasses, and these lame wine glasses were the closest things we could find to those in our cabinets. We wound up drinking Delerium beer – one of our favorites from the trip! – that we saw at Costco a while back. It was so good and reminded me of vacation!
I sipped the beer while listening to music, chatting with Fabio, and cooking dinner. It was a great way to help me unwind.
6. I made this coconut curry chicken soup for dinner and it really is delicious. Fabio and I both love this dish, and I’ve made it quite a few times now. It’s pretty easy to throw together and has such a great flavor! Definitely try it out if you like Thai food!
7. The dishwasher was running when it was time to serve dinner, so we wound up eating our soup in these festive bowls.
Hey, at least one of them was seasonally appropriate!
8. Fabio and I enjoyed our soup while watching Bloodline, our current Netflix binge show.
We are about seven episodes in, but for some reason I’m still not totally hooked on it. It’s good, but isn’t quite wowing me yet. Anyone else watching?
9. Fabio and I were both exhausted from the day, so we moved to the bedroom before 9:00 pm. Maybe it makes us lame, but I was thrilled.
10. I read my current book, Circling the Sun, for about half an hour before calling it quits and falling asleep cuddled up next to my boys. Bliss! Actually when I read my book on the metro this morning, I realized I should have called it quits sooner because I had to reread a couple of pages. I guess I was sleep reading? Does anyone else do this?
Question of the day: Tell me two things about your Wednesday.